Manaiakalani is an educational programme that aims to improve student achievement outcomes for learners in schools in the suburbs of Glen Innes, Pt England and Panmure.
Specific goals established by Manaiakalani:
- develop the personal voice of each child
- develop an authentic audience
- deliver 21st Century Education to 21st Century Learners
- raise student achievement outcomes
- have participants who are confident, connected, actively involved life-long learners
- develop the employable skill level of its student population
Learn, Create, Share
Our pedagogy ‘Learn, Create, Share’ puts our young people at the very centre of their learning.
Teaching and learning is clearly the umbrella mechanism to activate and sustain the pedagogy, which is essential for learning, whānau engagement and device readiness.
There is an expectation that participants will constantly reflect on how well they are doing in relation to the Learn Create Share pedagogy.
This pedagogy drives toward visible and ubiquitous learning, strong learner agency and connectedness to grow knowledge.
Quality Blog Comments
Please remember to write positive, thoughtful and helpful comments when posting on blogs.